RadioReverb – the heart and sound of Brighton.
RadioReverb is Brighton’s not for profit radio station, broadcasting on 97.2FM, on DAB+ and online. The radio station is the heart and sound of the local community with its team of home -grown broadcasters producing a vibrant mix of locally relevant, advert free, speech and music programmes firmly rooted in the fabric of the city's community.
RadioReverb started broadcasting in 2004 for two weeks during the Brighton Festival, and were then awarded a full community broadcasting licence in 2007. In 2016 we achieved a further five year extension of that licence to run until 2022.
RadioReverb aims to provide an accessible, sustainable and accountable community radio for Brighton and Hove. Focusing on the needs of diverse groups and individuals, marginalised unrepresented by local radio, we have built a platform for discussion and empowerment through a diverse mix of locally relevant speech and music programmes, all produced by people in Brighton & Hove.
RadioReverb aims to provide an accessible, sustainable and accountable community radio service for Brighton and Hove. Focusing on the needs of diverse groups and individuals, marginalised and unrepresented by local radio, we have built a platform for discussion and empowerment through a diverse mix of locally relevant speech and music programmes, all produced by people in Brighton & Hove.
- Providing a stimulating forum for learning and the expression of local ideas, informed by and promoting principles of social justice and human rights, RadioReverb aims to reflect and respond to the cultural, economic, vocational and creative needs as expressed by all members of our communities
- RadioReverb is committed to freedom of enquiry and the pursuit of excellence in community broadcasting, promoting intellectual integrity, open mindedness and innovation
- Our volunteer members' voices are central to the way in which RadioReverb operates and the programming we deliver
- We have built an exciting platform for discussion and empowerment through broadcasting a genuinely diverse mix of music and spoken word made by Brighton and Hove people for the people of Brighton and Hove
- We broadcast around fifty different shows, with a wide range of speech content and music genres and we champion live music and give many local bands their first break
- Our programming of shows includes debate, discussion and interviews, with an emphasis on giving issues of local relevance extended time so that their complexities and variety of opinions can be meaningfully explored
- RadioReverb has been developed as a programme led (rather than formatted) radio station that is constantly evolving with the needs, ideas, issues, changes and development of the community we serve
- Consistent adherence to Ofcom key commitments to satisfy contract conditions and maintain and extend Ofcom licence
View our key commitments here: http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/radiolicensing/html/radio-stations/community/cr000057ba1radioreverb.htm